Hey Guys, I will try to post some of the events that may happen and had happen around the Metro (Manila that is!!) for individuals, family, for kids and adult alike I am not a person that always go on a gimmicks but I will post those things that interest me and may also interest you!!

Google
 

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Remembering Pasig Run 2008 Photos

TAKBO PARA SA ILOG PASIG 2008

10K RUN



3K RUN






Ok I made it but for me it means no sleep. I dint sleep at all yes no sleep maybe because of excitement or maybe because of my insomnia. As early as 515am we are in the ground of the starting line. Waiting I took some pictures (which is attached in here). At first I thought there are not many participants because there are only few that I see but when the deadline of checking in is near there are lots of lots runners coming in but not many as Milo Marathon maybe because they didn’t invite schools and other government/private organization.

Standing and waiting I heard the announcer repeatedly said don’t come to him for any complaints about the race. I am annoyed because he seems to have not slept also, he is sarcastic and the tone of his voice is angry. Then the VIP people starts given speeches you cannot barely hear because the speakers was not on the runners side actually its far, adding the noise of people talking.

At last the race start but not with some issues, when I got to the half way mark there is no turn around marker/sign. This could mean problem with the competitive racer, then there is no water station. I may have missed it or it not that obvious. Getting back I have seen water container in the side walk what the!!! The water station must be accessible and obvious to the racers it’s the only compliment we can get from the organizers. This is critical to the runners.

Hey, I am running my heart out here. On the half way mark of the run I start to felt an intense pressure on my abdomen but I told myself that I need to continue my pacing, luckily I was able to reach the finish line without stopping even if I feel like dying then when I am almost at the end the marshal shout at me “sa kanan ang 5k” with anger dint he notice that I am rushing, summing up my strength for the last meter, that he has guts to do that, he could just point me to the right track not shouting at my face. But thank god I reach the end and there is water.

I gave my bar code tag which I think is useless because I may never know my standing, Then go directly to the water station to rehydrate. While resting I watch the coming racers then suddenly former President Ramos was checking in the finish line. When I saw him he gave me a nod but I just smile back. While other people near me just seem to ignore him. Maybe we are tired of politicians but I forgot that it was in his administration that this “Takbo para sa ilog pasig” was created.

So I finish another race, more practice needed and another run for the coming month.




















No comments: